For over 40 years Pacific Post Partum Support Society has provided support for parents who are experiencing distress during pregnancy or after the birth or adoption of a child—and now we can text!
Provided by our experienced counsellors, support via text messaging is available to anyone who needs it:
- Moms and dads (until youngest child is 3)
- Pregnant women and partners
- Concerned family and friends
- Professional and community helpers
During this pilot project, support via text messaging is available from 10 am–3 pm on Wednesdays and Fridays. Just text 604.256.8088.
- Don’t have many cell phone minutes and/or no landline?
- Experiencing spotty reception or dropped calls?
- Need support, but don’t want to wake the baby sleeping on you or talk about what you are feeling in front of your toddler?
Support through text messaging may be perfect for you!
As always, your safety and privacy are extremely important to us. Text message support will be provided through a secure healthcare text-messaging service already used by many help lines across Canada. This test message support pilot project was made possible through funding from the Integrated Primary and Community Care fund of Vancouver Coastal Health.
Questions? Please contact Jody Perkins at [email protected].
Poster to share here: 2015_Texting_flyer.