We are expanding our telephone support for pregnant and postpartum women and their partners to include: Cognitive Behavioural Self-help Skills and Techniques
Women now have the option of participating in an 8 week series (consisting of one call per week) of one-to-one telephone coaching to help them develop cognitive behavioural self-help skills to better manage their PND.
- The development of self-help skills is a key strategy in reducing the impact of PND for women, partners and their families.
- Telephone coaching sessions are also available for partners.
- Our coaches are experienced facilitators are trained extensively in telephone support, group facilitation, risk management and perinatal adjustment. In our modified peer-support model, all of our coaches are mothers, and many have recovered from postpartum depression.
- If you are interested please call our telephone support line at: Toll free line: 855-255-7999 or (our local # 604-255-7999).
- Self referrals are welcome.
This expanded service is made possible through grants from The Canada Post Foundation for Mental Health as well as the Vancouver Foundation and the Hamber Foundation.