Early parenthood is often portrayed as one of the most fulfilling and wonderful times of our lives – and yet, up to 1 in 4 new parents struggle with mood and anxiety disorders (and many more just plain ol’ struggle). The levels of isolation and distress experienced by new parents are high, now more than ever before. In Beyond Postpartum, the official podcast of the Pacific Post Partum Support Society, we share our stories of resilience and recovery from perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. We want to get the message out there that all new parents deserve support, and that you are not alone.
My name is Heather, and I am one of the support staff here at the PPPSS. I am also now the host of this podcast! I hope you enjoy the episodes that I have put together so far, and please let me know if you have any comments, questions, or feedback. You can reach me by email at email@example.com.
Listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever else you get your favourite podcasts!
- (Ep. 1) Sheila’s story and intrusive thoughts
- (Ep. 2) Clare shares her story and we talk about RAGE
- (Ep. 3) Miranda’s story and the importance of spiritual and cultural practices
- (Ep. 4) The downsides of over researching with Zoe
- (Ep. 5) Adult Conversation with Brandy
- (Ep. 6) Dads get depressed too with Evan
- (Ep. 7) Moving forward one step at a time with Anna
- (Ep. 8) Turning postpartum anxiety into art with Juno Rinaldi
- (Ep. 9) The importance of culturally safe care with Danette
- (Ep. 10) Finding where you fit in with Shealagh
- (Ep. 11) Deciding to have another child after PPD/A with Andrea
- (Ep. 12) Being ok with not being ok with Veronica
- (Ep. 13) Developing a mediation practice with Celina
- (Ep. 14) Perinatal Mental Health Matters with Patricia and Jaime
- (Ep. 15) You are stronger than you think with Melanie
- (Ep. 16) Pelvic rehab with Dr. Allyson Shrikhande
- (Ep. 17) Parenting through grief with Katie
- (Ep. 18) Wanting to be fully seen with Marlas
- (Ep. 19) The invisible grief of infertility with Mary
- (Ep. 20) Self care isn’t selfish with Janessa
- (Ep. 21) Intrusive thoughts and postpartum OCD with Dr. Nichole Fairbrother