Treatments: An introduction (KidsCareCanada PPD series)
This video, created by KidsCareCanada, shows how depression and anxiety during pregnancy and after having a baby is a highly treatable illness. Professionals work with mothers to choose the right treatment options for that particular individual, which may include medication along with individual, couple and group support/therapy. Sometimes a woman needs to change caregivers to find the caregiver who is right for her. Reaching out to trusted family and friends is also important.
- Eva Bild, MA, CD, Doula, Childbirth, and Breastfeeding Educator
- Dr. Stefanie Green, Maternity Physician
- Dr. Carolyn Steinberg, Psychiatrist
- Dr. Deirdre Ryan, Psychiatrist
- Kathryn Eagleheart, Birthing and Postpartum Doula
©KidsCareCanada Society and posted with their permission, http://kidcarecanada.org/category/hugs-brighter-future-educational-program/postpartum-depression